6.10.2009

Blog Anniversary Rules

This is a redo/revisit of the first post from my blog Even Happier Than That. I posted it just about one year ago today.

A year ago everything was new and different. Life was changing. Emotions ran high and I needed these rules to keep moving forward.

Today, my rules stay the same. Comments follow....

Rule 1 – Learn to Trust again. Find someone to trust and try trusting them for a while. Wow! Rule number one was quite powerful this last year. Yes, I trust again. I think the difference now is to be trustworthy. I can be that.
Rule 2 – Get everything out of your work. Work is rewarding in and of itself. This economy has made this difficult. But, I’m still working and working hard.
Rule 3 – Be a good friend. Help someone else. I have. I do. I will continue to do so.
Rule 4 – Experiment. Play. Flirt. Enjoy Yourself. This is lighter than you think. This was the fun rule and easy to accomplish when one is ‘single’ every other week.
Rule 5 – Be self disciplined. Slacking is not an option. Not easy after rule number four and a rather lengthy move during the first three or four months of this year, but I’m better here. I must get back to a gym routine again though. Rule number four hasn’t helped out rule number five in that area.
Rule 6 – There is no win and no fail. There is only make. Make. I do make. I write here. I create. I build. I have art projects still to do.
Rule 7 – Work hard toward something. If you work it will lead to more. It is the people who do all the work all the time who eventually catch on to things. I am taking my LEED exam in a few weeks. And I have another professional project right around the corner.
Rule 8 – Don’t try to create and analyze at the same time. They are different processes. I don’t confuse these, ever.
Rule 9 – Always be around. Come or go to everything. I have found very little time for myself because of this rule. I’m not sure why I even need my satellite dish (outside of for my kids). I never sit still anymore and I am always on the go to do something, see friends, or do something with my kids.
Rule 10 – Invent new rules next week. I think I’ll stick with these for a while more.

A year of EHTT ... And I am even happier than that.

No comments: