6.11.2009

Dear people from my dream last night,

First of all, I am really sorry I could only stand there and watch you drive off the cliff (at the end of my driveway). You were in that van with all the windows, driving really fast, and oddly smiling and laughing as your group went over the edge. So, there really was nothing I could do. You should’ve seen how I quickly bounded that rocky ridge, though. It was like I was Free Running or something. Never the less, I was the first one on the scene. In fact, it took just a few seconds it would seem. But, you’d vanished by then. What a great trick. I just wanted you to know, I really did mean to help you. By the way, what was with all those perfect, black boxes with a head of cabbage mounted in each one? The lone purple headed cabbage looked awesome. Was that a velvet lined box or velour? Nice touch! Anyway, I hope you guys are ok. You need to drive slower on my street.

Secondly, to that beautiful girl I tried to kiss, I offer you my apology, too. I really did enjoy the kiss. A lot! I must say you looked identical to my girlfriend. I thought for a minute you really were her. But, then you just vaporized. Poof! I know my girlfriend wouldn’t do that unless she has discovered her superpower. So, just so you know, I can’t let that happen again. But maybe we can have coffee soon.

And to that dude in the orange vest, it is not a roller skate. It is a commute vehicle that gets 34 miles per gallon. I’m sure you and your Hummer don’t understand the concept. Please finish up all that construction. Turn your sign around from Stop to Go Quickly. You are inhibiting my progress. I need to get to work faster. You see, there is a copy machine continuously spitting out reams and reams of paper with nothing on it. I need to fix that problem as it is neither good for the environment nor my job performance.

Anyway, I just wanted you dream people to know. It didn’t feel right to leave it all unfinished. And I’m not sure we need to talk about. I don’t think the real world people would understand anyway. It would take much to long to explain and probably bore the hell out of most. So, see ‘ya ‘round.

Sincerely,

Mud

PS – You are all invited next time for sushi. I love sushi. I could live on Dashi, Dragon Roll, Unagi, that cold Saki in the black n’ gold bottle, and Kirin Ichiban. Although, I should warn you it might not be such a good idea to down it all immediately before bedtime.

No comments: