9.09.2008

My NFL Week 1 Prognostication Results

From my previous post before the weekend.....

Washington Redskins (+3) at New York Giants
Giants won the game 16-7. Got that one.
1-0

Tampa Bay Bucs (+3.5) at New Orleans Saints
I said I was taking the Bucs and the points. And that the "Saints might win the game, but I think these two divisional foes will keep it within the 3.5 points." Well, I was a half a point on the wrong side of the prognostication as the Saints won it by 4 points. Close, but no cigar....
1-1

Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons (+2.5)
No comment.
1-2

Jacksonville Jaguars at Tennessee Titans (+3.5)
As I said, "the underdog in this matchup is 7-2 against in the last 9 games." Glad I stuck to the stats. Titans win 17-10.
2-2

Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers (+2.5)
"Take the Cards in a highly entertaining, high scoring game," I wrote. It wasn't the high scoring affair I thought it would be, but the prediction still worked in my favor. Cards won 23-13.
3-2

The MNF Games
Minnesota Vikings (+2.5) at Green Bay Packers

The telling stats were: The road team is 10-2 against the spread and the underdog is 16-5 against the spread. So that is the Vikes and the Vikes. The stats will now show 10-3 and 16-6 and the Pack and the Pack. Got that one way wrong and Rodgers looked really, really good.
3-3

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders (+1.5)
I was wrong on the low scoring game but right on with "the Raiders are 8-22 against the spread in their last 30 home games." So, I finish week 1 prognostications with a 4-3 record. I can live with that ... for now.

No comments: