10.15.2008

California Prop 8

Prop 8, if passed, would take away the right from same sex couples to live in matrimony in California. And again, I repeat, take away the right. Removal of rights. People limiting other people’s rights because they just don’t agree.

I understand there are biblical implications and that can get sticky when we try to legislate religious and moral issues. I respect religious beliefs and differences. But let’s keep those in the church where they belong.

I heard the argument yesterday that this would protect the sanctity of marriage. But I once wrote in the previous blog, that the largest danger to marriage is not same sex marriages. It is divorce.

So, if it is allowable to get on a ballot the removal of a select few people’s rights, then maybe we could get an initiative on the ballot that “prohibits divorce”, the real enemy of marriage.

What? You think that’s crazy. Not much crazier than Prop 8.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the best "No" arguments I've heard yet, Mudman.
Take a look at my blog (mcdoings.blogspot.com) and check out some fun spots that I hope make it to TV (they're just cyberspots right now).

Jon said...

Mark - I love those spots... the first one 'specially. Love the blog, too.