1.17.2010

Painting


It is not rocket science. It is painting a wall (or eight). I’m comfortable with a brush in hand with a color at the tip. So, why do I despise painting walls in a space to be inhabited?

Time!

Quite simply, I want to do the job correctly and have NEVER had the time to do just that. Granted, I’m not fast. So, when time trumps quality, history has beaten me into cutting corners instead of doing what I know I am capable of doing. And thus mistakes happen.

However, this time around I enjoyed the process tremendously. I did hide. I escaped to go pack up a house I’m vacating. I ran errands that needed running. I cooked instead of painting, no doubt. Yet, I’ll argue that rewarding the painters with my version of mac’n’chicken’n’cheese was well worth the effort.

But when I did put the brush in my hand, I enjoyed today’s painting. There was no rush. Just Jillian and me with a similar goal to give the kids the room they envisioned. I think in the long run we did just that. However, it wouldn’t have happened without her vision, her patience, and her love.

So, yes, what can we paint together next?

No comments: