11.12.2009

There Should Be a Law

I refuse to talk about the fact that Christmas decorations are popping up in places pre-Thanksgiving. There should be a law.

I will not discuss the newly stocked isles at the grocery stores (yes, all of them) with wrapping paper, tinsel, and candy canes. I noticed them even before Halloween. Next year, I might go trick-or-treating/partying as Santa Claus. Talk about an evil costume. There should be a law.

I drove by a house on my block and the owner was hanging twinkle lights already. There should be a law. And another one about taking them down before, say, Independence Day.

Unless there happens to be some new way to roast a turkey I haven’t heard about, I will not crack the pages of the recently received cooking magazines on my coffee table as they are promoting Christmas over Thanksgiving (THE BEST holiday of the year). In fact, I believe the favored recipe for turkey is to simply place the bird in the oven until done. Seriously! That is it. No recipe needed. Ok, maybe I’ll brine it overnight and rub a stick of butter into the skin first. But, I won’t have Christmas recipes trump my Thanksgiving. There should be a law.

I’m currently listening to CDs or sports radio to avoid ANY accidental December oriented tuneage from music stations. There should be a law.

I have, however, purchased my first Christmas present of the year. I’ll give latitude on that one.

But on Friday, November 27th, bring it on! Until then, there should be a law.

No comments: