11.05.2008

Good Morning

Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes, into
Your brother's face, your country
And say simply
Very simply
With hope
Good morning.

- Maya Angelou (at the inauguration for President Bill Clinton)
Last night was a wonderful experience. I sat on the couch, my kids on either side of me, watching history. November 4th, 2008 was a day about a new chapter in American history for all the obvious reasons. But it was also about my kids. It was about us. I am proud to be a part of this change.

Granted, the days ahead are going to be challenging to say the least. The responsibility and mountains to climb are rather daunting. However, I am encouraged by the passion and shear energy from this movement. I learned last night that we can, no will, change for the better.

This morning I have hope for change for the first time in a very, very long time.

Good morning, indeed.

No comments: